For companies that are into serving globally, there is a need for them to come out with great ideas in order to cut down their cost into every angle and so to be more competitive as well. And this might come along with being open-minded and creative for all the possible solutions like the logistics needs of the company.
There are companies that are looking for ways in order to save money when it comes to shipments. One among the huge costs with regards to shipping bill would be the loading of the product into the tanker containers since they are considered to be special equipment. But there could be an alternative option to consider and this would be the use of Flexitank.
So what is this Flexitank?
Flexitank is considered as a bulk liquid container that is constructed with many layers of polyethylene along with outer covering of the woven polypropylene having a volume from twelve up to twenty six thousand litters. And it is intended for transportation of those non-hazardous liquids with the use of the standard 20-foot sea or a railway container.
Or in simpler terms, it would convert a 20ft container right from a dry goods carrier into a liquid carrier. It would be fitted in the ocean container therefore rendering cost-effective and healthier alternative to numbers of shippers of liquid products in bulk.
In addition, Flexitanks are made with the use of custom formulated blended polyethylene wherein the ingredients are being approved by the FDA as for the carriage of wide range of liquid products. They are also being approved by numbers of stringent international bodies as for the carriage of bulk liquid products therefore rendering it as safe and sound and also making it to be a highly environmental-friendly packaging option. It is also considered for single use and would offer safe, flexible, cost-effective and dynamic solution for all the needs in terms of transporting liquid products.
Indeed, Flexitanks could offer wide numbers of advantages and some of these advantages are the following:
- Cost effective solution and considered to be a lot cheaper compared with tank containers, IBCs and drums
- There would also be no costs for cleaning and disposal
- It offers low labour for handling, loading and filling
- There would be very low positioning costs
- Faster loading than IBCs and drums
- Door to door delivery
- Lower product loss for unloading
- There is no need for intermediate bulk storage or for forklift in order to unload or load container
- It is also available even in remote areas
- Environment-friendly, recyclable and clean
- No risk of contamination, there is no need for return loads and no demurrage
- Maximized payload because of lightweight
- There will be no delays with regards to obtaining bulk tanks due to the imbalance of the global freight traffic
Those are among the advantages when it comes to using Flexitanks over other packaging options. Indeed, this alternative solution could let you save significantly through reducing in terms of transportation definitely of great help to numbers of companies all over the world.